The Executive Chairman of Odukpani Local Government Council Hon. (Mrs.) Justina Edem today at the Local Government Legislative special plenary presented a budget of Nine billion, eight hundred and eighty-nine million, six hundred and fifty-five thousand, fifteen naira and zero kobo (N9,889,655,015.00k) only tagged “BUDGET OF HOPE” to the Local Government Legislative Council. The budget which is aimed at consolidation on an already established foundation, the gain achieved and recorded with expanding frontier for outright socio-economic emancipation.
While giving a breakdown of the budget, the Chairman explained that the figure N9,889,655,015, a sum of which N2,414,419,760 represents the recurrent expenditure, while capital expenditure is N6,507,312,322.
The budgetary provision according to the presentation is to cover economic, social services, environmental, regional development, and general administration sector.
She further explained that the budget is people and Economic oriented which would aimed at making Odukpani Local Government Area the business hub of the State where people coexist peacefully for sustainable development, rekindling the “can do” spirit and restoration of hope to the people of Odukpani Local Government Area.
According to her, the year 2021 budget has the following core values:
- Adequate security of lives and property.
- Effective and prompt service delivery.
- Effective utilization of both human and material resources for integrated development amongst people.
- To encourage collaboration with other agencies (MDA’s) and Public private partnership to fast track socio-economic development.
- To explore and bring into revenue net all untapped internal revenue resources for increased revenue earnings.
- To promote social and gender equality sensitivity.
- To develop and enhance appropriate capacities in the people for effective and competitive living in the society
The presentation was witnessed by the Vice Chairman Hon. Enefiok Inyang, the Secretary of Council Pastor Terrance Orok, the HOLGA Evang. Ekpenyong Esuabana, Directors, and Staff of Odukpani Local Government Council, the security Chiefs in Odukpani, the DG Greater Calabar Capital City Development Authority Mr. Kingsley Ikpeme, and the general public.