Earlier today The Executive Chairman of Calabar South Local Government Area; Hon(Mrs.) Esther Edet Bassey presented a buget of Four Billion, Nine Hundred and Ninety- Five Million, Four Hundred and Thirty Thousand, Six Hundred and Forty- Two Naira Only. (#4,995,430,642.00) to The Legislative Chamber, Calabar South Local Government Council, Anantigha tagged Budget of ” Reconciliation and Reconstruction for 2021 Fiscal Year.
The Chairman’s words : It is with great pleasure that I present to this Noble house the budget of Calabar South Local Government Council for 2021 Fiscal year. Permit me to use this medium to express my gratitude to the entire council staff and political appointees for their doggedness and preseverance in the course the budget presentation.
I welcome you all to this budget presentation tagged ” Budget of Reconciliation & Reconstruction”. The 2021 budget is aimed at rekindling the “can do” spirit in our people; and geared towards restoring hope as well as transformation of Calabar South Local Government Area through exploration of new grounds to ensure speedy development.
I am confident that with God on our side and cooperation from all, we will achieve the vision of the Local Government Area which is ” To be the Leading Commercial Center in Nigeria With Quantitative Living Standards that are in line with sustainable Development Goals”
The 2021 Budget estimate is proposed to be revenue driven. We will do all in our powers to pursue this ideal so that our dream can be realised. Economic overview of the 2021 budget is stated below:
1. To ensure adequate security of lives and properties.
2. To effectively utilize both human and material resources to engender growth and development amongst our people.
3. To constantly carry out monitoring and evaluation so as to ensure effective and prompt service delivery.
4. To encourage collaboration with other MDA’s and encourage public private partnership in order to fast track socio-economic development.
5. To promote social & gender equality.
6. To ensure balance in the area of health, education, water supply, agriculture and environmental sectors without the violation of the due process procedure/guidelines.
The Executive Chairman commended staff for their maturity and the cordial relationship existing among executive council, Legislative Chamber and member of the community. She solicited for more support and cooperation as we move Calabar South Local Government forward for the betterment of our dear land